Pop the champagne . . . Mitchell Tenpenny has a reason to celebrate.
Mitchell’s lead single, “Drunk Me,” from his upcoming debut album, Telling All My Secrets, hit No. 1 on the Mediabase chart this week. Co-penned by Mitchell, Jordan Schmidt and Justin Wilson, the tune has accumulated more than 120 million streams.
“I recorded ‘Drunk Me’ after pitching it to other artists in town for over six months,” says Mitchell. “I believed in my heart it was such a special song and that it would be a hit for someone. I never dreamt it would be the song labels first heard from me, resulting in a record deal . . . or that it would go on to bring us our first single, yet alone a number one. It’s been a two-year journey with this song, yet so many believed, and so, this is one of those moments we all share together—my co-writers, our band and record label, country radio and all the fans that have streamed it over 120 million times. I can’t get over you. You’ve changed my life.”
Mitchell will drop Telling All My Secrets on Dec. 14. The debut album features 11 songs, all of which Mitchell co-penned. In February, Mitchell will join Old Dominion’s Make It Sweet Tour.
Telling All My Secrets Track Listing & Songwriters
- “Truck I Drove in High School” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Schmidt/Andrew Albert/Devin Dawson
- “Alcohol You Later” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Sam Sumser/Michael Lotten
- “All On You” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Andrew Albert/Nick Fradiani/Jordan Schmidt
- “Goner” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Andrew Albert/Jordan Schmidt
- “Chance Worth Taking” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Josh Hoge/Matthew McVaney
- “I Get The Picture” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Alex Kline/Michael Whitworth
- “Drunk Me” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Schmidt/Justin Wilson
- “Somebody’s Got Me” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Hillary Lindsey/Jordan Schmidt
- “Somebody Ain’t You” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Thomas Archer/Dallas Wilson
- “Telling All My Secrets” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Minton/Dallas Wilson
- “Walk Like Him” | Mitchell Tenpenny/Justin Ebach/Steven Dale Jones
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com
This Article Was Originally Posted at www.NashCountryDaily.com